Argan Oil. To use or not to use …But I have oily skin, why would I add MORE oil to an already slick face? Will it clog my pores? What are the benefits? Let’s get educated on the subject shale we…
One of the main reasons that argan oil is so amazing, is that it is rich with vitamin A and vitamin E, packed with anti-oxidants and Omega-6 fatty acids! So what does that all mean? Allow me to explain 🙂
- Vitamin A reduces wrinkles, fade brown spots, and smooth roughness.
- Vitamin E helps your skin retain its natural moisturizers. It also has the ability to neutralize damaging free radicals!
- Omega-6 fatty acids enhance your complexion by improving the skin’s texture and softness. They also help to keep skin cells moist and strong by reducing the amount of water lost through the epidermis (the top layer of skin). Best of all they increase production of collagen!
- Linoleic Acid is part of the Omega 6 fatty acids that helps to maintain the health of cell membranes.
- Oleic Acid is a norganic fatty acid which has an extremely high lipid count, therefor enabling it to penetrate past the outer layers of the skin, causing, long lasting moisture and wrinkle reduction.
- Antioxidants help remove harmful toxins and free radicals from your skin whilst helping to prevent premature aging of cells, from calming inflamed skin to tightening and toning.
All this packed into one magical oil!
Now that you are officially sold that Argan Oil is fabulous and beneficial for healthy skin, let’s chat about which skin types should be using this miracle oil…
- Dry Skin: Nourishes and moisturizes dry, scaly, flaky skin and protects against infection.
- Oily Skin: Regulates sebum production to keep the skin’s natural oils at a healthy level. With regular use, the skin will no longer look or feel oily.
- Mature Skin: Stimulates renewal of skin cells and boosts elasticity while smoothing wrinkles and lines.
- Acne Prone: Controls overproduction of acne-causing sebum and soothes the inflammation brought about by acne; also prevents any scarrring acne can leave behind.
- Sensitive Skin: Since argan oil is 100% natural, it poses little risk for sensitive skin.
Bottom line is that anyone and everyone should be using argan oil!
So what do I use??
Pur Argan Renew Serum! I have oily skin, and have tried many different oils…this one has blown me away! It absorbs so quickly and does not leave an oily residue. With that said, I will admit that I only use it at night before bed. I will also slather it on during the day when I know I won’t be leaving the house or applying makeup that day. It just makes me feel good knowing that my skin is absorbing all of that goodness! You can certainly use this under makeup, however oil and water don’t mix so make sure that you use an oil based foundation (for more info on this see a previous post – 3 Foundation Tricks you Have Never Heard of! ). I have never had any problems with breakouts while using Pur Argan, my skin is just luminous, smooth and healthy looking! Aside from the obvious benefits of this oil, Pur Argan youth serum is packaged in an air tight pump bottle. This will keep the product lasting much longer than other brands sold in a dropper bottle where it is exposed to air every time you use it…plus, it is much easier to use and there are no concerns about spilling your precious oil 🙂
Elle.com published an review article on the 11 beauty products that changed their lives in 2014 and Pur Argan was listed as #6…so don’t just take my word for it…this stuff is truly amazing!
Here are a few additional facts and tips…
- Argan is considered a dry oil, it absorbs quickly, is non greasy and does not leave an oily residue
- Argan oil is Non-Comedogenic, meaning it WILL NOT CLOG YOUR PORES!
- Add a few drops of argan oil to your favorite facial toner to hydrate and tone simultaneously.
- Together, tea tree and argan oil can help fight stubborn acne while reducing the inflammation, and scarring. Adding a few drops of tea tree oil makes this combination anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal!
- Add a drop or two of argan oil to your foundation, bronzer or tinted moisturizer for a dewy, luminous glow.
- Argan Oil is commonly referred to as “Liquid Gold”
- The oil comes from the nuts of argan trees native to Morocco.
- Your best option is to choose only 100% organic, pure Argan oil from a reputable supplier.
~ GIVEAWAY ~
Pur Argan Youth Renew Serum!
Open to US, and Canadian residents only.
Giveaway will open from February 17th ending on March 3rd, 2015 midnight PDT.
Check out my GIVEAWAY PAGE to stay up to date on all giveaways here at Living Disrobed! Never miss out on a giveaway again!
*These Products were sent to me for review purposes. I was not paid or compensated in anyway. All opinions are my own with the utmost honesty. Please see my disclaimer HERE for more details.