In the Spirit of Saint Patricks day, I have put together an amazing ‘Green’ themed outfit and Makeup look that will definitely make you the most stylin’ shamrock at any Saint Patricks event you may be attending this year!
When I share any fashion inspiration or tips I like to try and keep things as simple as possible and start with some wardrobe basics so that you guys can piece the outfits together with some minor adjustments with the items you probably already have in your closet.
Green is actually my favorite color. Always has been. I find it an extremely versatile color, so I was so excited to share my green items and looks with you guys!
So lets start with the basics shall we…
1. Black leather pants are a must for me! I find you can create a super glamorous look by adding just a few statement pieces. An great alternative to Leather pants could be some simple black leggings (they even come in pleather if your up for it!) or simply throw on your favorite black plants and know that you’re outfit will still look fab!
2. A long white simple tank won’t distract from the rest of the look we are trying to create which is really all about the accessories.
Accessories, Accessories, Accessories!
Accessory stores or costume jewelry stores are everywhere these days, which is great news for us fashion lovers! You can pick up cheap accessories for whatever look are going for and not worry if you will wear it again.
3. A chunky Gold Chain is perfect for the Saint Patricks day look. Just think of it as your pot of gold hanging from your neck 🙂
4. Of course, a green emerald ring is perfect for a Saint Patricks day outfit!
5. Now, you may not have a green watch handy, but I had to share with you this fabulous Michael Kors watch! Swap out the watch for some gold and green bangles and/or beads and your set!
6. Again, I didn’t want to distract from the green accessories, so I paired the outfit with a black clutch. I felt I needed to add a bit of texture, so I went with crocodile leather.
7. I have a few
dozen pairs of shoes/boots in the green family but this particular pair pairs perfectly with this outfit! Green suede with a gold buckle…it was love at first sight! If you can’t find or don’t have a nice pair of green boots, swap them out for a black pair (which I KNOW you have!) and trade up the black purse for a green one instead. If you’re budget is limited, those accessory stores I was talking about carry cheap purses too and any color you could possibly imagine 🙂
Saint Patricks Day Makeup does not need to look like you shoved your face in a bucket of florescent green paint! You can create a bold, sexy look that is on trend for the event without looking like Gumby!…I am totally dating myself aren’t I?! 😦
First off, don’t forget your nails! I do believe that green is in order to complete this lucky look!
I recently purchased Marc Jacobs Nail Polish in Nirvana so obviously that will be my color of choice for this look! It totally matches my watch too! Hehe 🙂 The Polish actually appears almost Black to the naked eye so I’m not too concerned with it clashing with the rest of my green accessories.
As I stated earlier, green is my favorite color. And that goes well beyond my fashion choices. My makeup arsenal is possibly 25% in the green family! All different shades, textures, and applications. I tried something a bit out of my comfort zone so I hope you like it!
- Makeup Forever Eye Shadow in M-322 Khaki (Matte) and I-324 Bronze Khaki (Iridescent)
- Mac Eye Shadow A-53 Humid – Intense green with shimmer
- Kat Von D Eye Shade Shifter Eyeshadow in Devotion – Multidimensional shadow, Gopper with hints of green
- Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Sunset – Golden bronze shimmer in a copper metallic finish
- Kat Von D Lightning Liner in Fyfe – Metallic khaki green w/ gold shimmer
- Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé in Fairy Pink – Iridescent and luminous
- Lancôme Grandiose Mascara – Provides access to all lashes for bigger, brighter eyes
The best part about the color green is that you can where almost any color lipstick with it! So go bold or go natural, regardless, it’s going to look amazing!